Sunday 19th October
If convergence culture now dominates and everyone is a ‘Creative’, how do artists position themselves? Leading art and media professionals discuss the culture of marketing and the marketing of culture.
- Kim Gehrig (UK, Art Director at Mother)
- Lucy McKenzie (UK, Artist)
- Jan Verwoert (D, Art Critic)
- Peter York (UK, Writer, Author, Broadcaster and Management Consultant)
- Chair: Michael Bracewell (UK, Writer, Author, Broadcaster and Management Consultant)
Sunday 19 October
How should one respond to being affected by art? What is at stake for the critic? Leading critics discuss writing with the emotional engagement of the enthusiastic fan or with the rational distance of the dispassionate observer.
- Adrian Searle (UK, Chief Art Critic at the Guardian)
- Katy Siegel (USA, Art Critic and a Contributing Editor at Artforum)
- Roberta Smith (USA, Art Critic at the New York Times)
- Chair: Jörg Heiser (D, Art Critic and Associate Editor of frieze)
Saturday 18 October
Aesthetic managers? Creative ambassadors? Cultural entrepreneurs? Leading international curators discuss their role within the production and dissemination of contemporary art.
- Massimiliano Gioni (Artistic Director of the Nicola Trussadi Foundation)
- Laura Hoptman(USA, Curator of Contemporary Art at the Carnegie Museum of Art)
- Ralph Rugoff(USA, Director of CCA Wattis Institute for Contmeporary Arts)
- Chair: Daniel Birnbaum(S, Director of Portikus)
Friday 17 October
Do spectacular new museum buildings overshadow the art or do they determine the shape of art to come? Leading professionals discuss the interrelationship of art and architecture.
- David Adjaye (UK, Architect and Principal of Adjaye/Associates)
- Wilfried Kühn (D, Architect and Partner in Kühn Malvezzi Projects)
- Chair: Deyan Sudjic (UK, Architecture Critic and Editor of Domus)
Friday 17 October
What are the unique responsibilities of those who collect contemporary art and what are their guiding passions? Leading international collectors discuss their collections, followed by questions from the Chair.